Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Loving-kindness and Meeting Aesclepius

Sorry all about the late post. Just realized I had not posted yet... It's been a rough week.

What started as just homework has quickly turned into something much bigger. These meditation practices have given me a glimpse of a life filled with total peace, wisdom, and loving-kindness. As I stated in prior blogs, I engaged in meditation prior to this class but it was nothing like the structured ones I practiced in this class and certainly nothing like the guided meditations. My meditation practice routine consisted of taking some time out, from time to time, to lose myself in the soft and soothing sounds of waves (from my CD), sailing away from the distractions of my daily obligations. I certainly did not have any specific goal other than escaping reality for a little bit. That helped me “refueled” enough to tackle my next task(s). The meditation practices in this class took me much further: they unlocked the door to peace in its purest form. Initially, I had some adjustment issues with the guided meditation: the “guiding voice” distracted me from my focus a great deal. Indeed, every time I attempted to float away in this wonderful world of inner peace, “the voice” swiftly brought me back to the harsh reality. With practice, I have “conquered the voice”. Like the adage says “practice makes perfect”. I now find myself enjoying these moments of great escape from the daily dealing of modern life.
The two practices I connected more have been Loving-kindness and Aesclepius practices. They are the easiest for me to do and also the most beneficial. After each exercise, I find myself much “lighter”. I did not realize that my life was clouded somewhat by unnecessary worries, ill feelings, and stressors. This realization came to me as quite a surprise because I always pride myself of being the type of person who “sees the glass as half full”; an optimistic, positive, loving, and always ready to lend a helping hand type of gal. These two practices took me to a place where I was able to tap into the deeper me, the inner me who is more peaceful, much wiser, and with much more loving-kindness.
Mind training is and will be in session for a long time to come, as this is a lifelong journey. I still have ways to go but, every day that goes by, I get a little more focused, gain a bit more control of my mind and the path to human flourishing is a bit more defined. Slowly but surely, I will get there.

Browny.      

No comments:

Post a Comment