Sunday, July 21, 2013

Wholesome wellbeing

Ratings
I rate my physical wellbeing at 6 because, for the past year, I haven’t been as physically fit as I used to or ought to be. I don’t want it to become problematic for me as I have a family history of diabetes and high blood pressure and I am terrified at the idea of getting such diseases.
I rate my spiritual wellbeing an 8. I am still out-of-balance and it shows through my physical and psychological shortcomings. I need to be more in tune with myself.
I rate my psychological wellbeing a 7 because I still let the daily stressors of life get to me at times.
Goals
Physically, my goal is to lose 20 lbs in 4 months (about 1 lb/week). Spiritually, my goal is to be in fine tune with “me”. Psychologically, my goal is to cope better with life’s adversities.
Actions
I need to be more consistent in my exercise routine as evidence by working out at least 5 days/week, stop eating on the go or eating late, get enough sleep, and “finish online schooling”. This will allow me to move towards my physical fitness goal.
For my spiritual fitness, I need to integrate a more conscious awareness of the spiritual presence in every area of my life. I will, therefore, meditate and pray every day to tap into the calmness and peace I know to be within myself.
To accomplish psychological fitness, I need to remember that, like my husband like to say “every problem has a solution”. When faced with stressful situations, I need to take a step back, focus on getting a clear picture of the issue, and work toward resolution.
Relaxation exercise

The relaxation exercise was not at all as relaxing as it was intended to be, for me. The man’s voice, even though he tried to make it sound soft, was distracting me a great deal. I would have done better with just the background music which I found very calming, soothing and relaxing.

Browny (Assie). 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Assie, nice blog!:) I like your husband's saying, Every problem has a solution, and I think you found the solution to what you want to with your goals. I am sure, with your determination, that you will be able to do it!

    Can't wait to see your results!

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Browny,
    I think that you are a step ahead of many since you realize where you are at and where you need to improve. Every problem does have a solution and every circumstance has a positive to it as well. We all have the opportunity to choose how we want to respond to a situation. Worrying and stressing out about something will not change something but it will make you feel worse.
    Good luck with your goals! I want to do a detox.:)
    ~Julia:)

    ReplyDelete