Saturday, July 13, 2013

Introduction


Hello and welcome to Browny’s blog. I am not familiar with the “blogging thing” but, if you bear with me, I promise, I will get better eventually.

I took this class as an elective in my pursuit of a bachelor’s degree in nursing (BSN). I’ve always believed in the power of the mind in achieving anything we set ourselves to achieve. That belief did not weaver a bit when I became a nurse, over 13 years ago. In the contrary, it became even stronger. I found myself telling my patients that their mindset played a huge role in their recovery and/or healing process. That is my personally belief that 50% of the recovery/healing (R/H) process comes from the mind: it feeds off our inner energy, our openness to receiving it. The mind is a powerful tool indeed and, as human beings, we don’t tap into this wonderful and readily available resource nearly enough. Now that I started this class, I couldn’t have been happier that I chose it. I am glad I chose the opportunity to learn about integral health: it not only validates my initial belief, but, can further assist me in achieving excellence in the care I provide my patients.

I am looking forward to the educational journey of discovering “The path to human flourishing”.

Browny.

No comments:

Post a Comment