Tuesday, September 10, 2013

In retrospective

In unit 3, I rated myself in three areas: physical, psychological, and spiritual. Then, my scores were respectively 6, 7, and 8. Now, I can proudly say that I have improved in those same areas and my new scores are as followed: 8 for physical and psychological and 9 for spiritual. These changes were achieved through the establishment of realistic goals and putting in place a manageable system to ensure the smooth execution of the set goals. My goals were to lose 20 lbs in 4 months, be in fine tune with myself, and be able to cope better with life’s adversities. I have made noticeable progress, but still have ways to go. 
Physically, I have only lost 3 lbs but I have lost more in inches from the way my clothe fit now. My endurance level has increased tremendously. I don’t get tired easily anymore and that is a big deal since school just started with my girls and I have been pulled all over the place with homework and extracurricular activities. My physical improvement was possible because of my sticking to my action plan. I must confess that have fallen of the wagon a few times but, each time, I got right back on it. I have been able to maintain a physical workout routine and made changes to my culturally starch-overloaded diet for a more balanced one. Psychospiritually, my commitment of meditation practices and prayers have increased tremendously: I practice them daily. I am less stressed, more focused, more efficient, jollier, and kinder. I always believed that things happened for a reason but now, I accept challenges as part of life not worth stressing over. Instead, I learn from them and get stronger. Like the saying goes: “life is a box of chocolate, you never know what you gonna get”. But you certainly can make with whatever you got dealt with.
My transformation process throughout this course has been slow but gradual. My overall wellbeing has gotten a big boost thanks to my hard work and commitment. The in-depth knowledge and tools this class provided me was a huge factor in my success also. It’s been challenging trying to commit to a wholesome healthier living (in the true sense of the word) but seeing the positive changes that have occurred in my life is the greatest reward of all. Even though I am still a work in progress, I am confident that the future holds even greater achievements for me. As a nurse, I am more confident in my abilities to help my patients embark in their own journey to integral health. I will lead by example and will show them that, though challenging, great rewards lay ahead. I will assist them see that the greatest and wisest decision they can ever make in their lives will be to invest in their “self” –their health, happiness and loving-kindness.
It was great getting to know all of you through your posts. Good luck in all your future endeavors.

Browny.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Assie,
    It sounds like you really took the resources from this course to make positive changes in your life! I think that in your career as a nurse, these integral practices will be very rewarding for you. I wish you all the best in your journey!

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete